Women’s Alcohol And Drug Rehab Programs
Women and men experience both addiction and recovery differently. For this reason, many Addiction Campuses’ treatment facilities offer gender-specific programs that cater to the unique needs of women looking to overcome addiction. Our women’s alcohol and drug rehab programs enable patients to recover in a comfortable and customized environment specifically for women.
Drug and alcohol addiction affects individuals of all demographics. However, how addiction affects a person will vary, with the most specific differences being seen between genders. This is why several of Addiction Campuses’ rehab centers offer gender-specific programs catered to the unique needs of women.
Women’s alcohol and drug rehab programs are designed to treat a number of different addictions, including alcohol and illicit and prescription drugs. Many programs also treat co-occurring disorders such as addiction and depression. This is especially helpful, as many women suffer from both addiction and mental health disorders at the same time.
Treatment programs designed for women offer several benefits, including increased comfortability for patients and the chance to form lasting bonds with other women in recovery. Additionally, the women’s programs offered by Addiction Campuses include customized plans of recovery to suit the needs of each patient.
Is A Women’s Alcohol And Drug Rehab Program Right For Me?
With an estimated 16 million women using illicit drugs in the United States, it’s safe to say that women need access to addiction treatment programs just as much as men do. Whereas treatment used to be primarily catered to men, several treatment facilities have realized the importance of women-oriented recovery programs.
Find A Women's Only Treatment Program Today.
We are here to help you through every aspect of recovery. Let us call you to learn more about our treatment options.
Men and women experience various aspects of addiction differently, including the substances they use and the frequency and duration of drug or alcohol abuse. Women are also more likely to become addicted to drugs or alcohol more quickly than men due to various differences in a woman’s body.
Additionally, certain environmental factors such as domestic abuse and societal influences may increase a woman’s risk of substance abuse. Women are also more susceptible to some mental health conditions which can contribute to the development of addiction. Women may also be more likely to experience anxiety and panic as a result of substance abuse.
Treatment facilities that offer gender-specific programs for women have trained medical professionals who are familiar with and able to address all of these issues. Women’s rehab facilities strive to cater to the unique needs of women, making it easier for women to get the help they need and deserve.
If you are a woman who is looking to overcome an addiction to drugs or alcohol, our women’s addiction treatment programs may be right for you. The women’s programs offered at Addiction Campuses’ facilities customize each recovery plan to suit each patient.
Benefits Of A Women’s Alcohol And Drug Rehab Program
Gender-specific addiction treatment programs can offer a number of benefits to women. Women face unique challenges when it comes to addiction recovery, and a women’s program caters to these challenges.
The benefits of a women’s addiction program include:
- a more relaxed and comfortable environment which makes it easier for women to share with one another
- the ability to form lasting relationships with members of the same sex who are also in recovery
- a stronger sense of safety
- the potential to maintain custody of children while in treatment
- programs that focus on the unique issues women experience that may not be addressed in traditional rehab settings
Additionally, many women find that women’s alcohol and drug rehab programs offer fewer distractions than mixed-gender treatment settings. Women may also be able to relax and open more when they are surrounded by other women who are experiencing the same issues in addiction and recovery. All of these benefits can contribute to the overall success of treatment and boost the chances of long-term sobriety.
Types Of Treatment Offered In Women’s Addiction Programs
Addiction Campuses strives to meet the needs of each person who walks through our doors. Our women’s drug and alcohol rehab programs offer a number of different therapies and other treatment types to ensure we address each person’s unique situation and recovery needs.
A few of the many types of treatment that may be offered in a women’s addiction program include:
- Parenting Classes — Many women who enter addiction treatment are mothers and will need to learn how to raise their children in sobriety. Parenting classes can teach women how to cope with motherhood in a healthy and drug-free way.
- Counseling — The counseling offered in women’s treatment programs is often customized to address the unique issues that women face in addiction and recovery.
- Family Therapy — Family therapy is an important part of the recovery process. The more a family is involved and supportive, the more likely a person is to stay sober.
- Behavioral Therapy — Behavioral therapy is often a key part of many women’s treatment programs. Behavioral therapies that may be used include cognitive behavioral therapy and motivational interviewing.
- Alternative Therapy — Acupuncture, massage therapy, physical exercise, and other forms of alternative therapy can support a program of recovery for women.
- Trauma Therapy — Some women have experienced trauma that may have fueled or caused a substance use disorder. Working through this trauma is essential to helping a woman mentally and physically recover and achieve long-term sobriety.
Several women’s addiction programs also offer treatment for co-occurring disorders. Many women suffer not only from addiction, but also from mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety. Treating both addiction and the mental health disorder(s) is the most effective way for a person to fully recover.
Finding A Women’s Alcohol And Drug Rehab Program
If you are a woman looking to reclaim your life in sobriety, a women’s treatment program can provide you with the tools and support needed to recover from addiction. Several Addiction Campuses’ treatment facilities offer gender-specific programs that address the unique needs of women.
To learn more about our women’s addiction treatment programs and how they may benefit you, contact an Addiction Campuses’ treatment specialist today.Article Sources
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism - https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh291/55-62.htm